Sound on computer is all jumpy

Closed
dan - Sep 2, 2008 at 12:30 PM
 Dan - Dec 26, 2008 at 05:03 AM
Hello,The sound on my computer HP Pavilion is fine for internet but all jumpy and bitty when I play CDs or DVDs. What can I do?? And how??
Related:

2 responses

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Sep 2, 2008 at 01:26 PM
Hi There
This sounds like your CD drive heads are dirty or your CD lazer is packing up, but before you go out and buy a new CD/DVD drive try the following.

Try updating your sound drivers and other drivers while you are at it.

Important Before doing this always make a system restore point.

I see you have a HP pavilion, go to their site and download the latest drivers. Below is a link to the UK site.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/

You will need to have the model no. serial no etc and there is a section that will even inspect your pc to tell you what drivers you need.

Do not install the BIOS update unless you absolutely need to beware installing the wrong BIOS can completely make your computer unusable.

Hope this helps
Kindest Regards Tony B.
hi guys, I have a simular problem with my HP pavillion dv9000. However the problem with the sound jumping extends to all the media content stored locally on my PC as well as CD's yet media streamed from the internet works fine. Any ideas? could it be my HD is too full?

However the sound jumping seems to calm down after a few minuites of playing, its weird.

Cheers
Dan