- WinXP reboot loop, XP CD won't recognize HDD
- Windows xp reboot loop fix ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- XP Won't start, not even in safe mode ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Windows xp mup.sys reboot loop ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Windows xp...reboot after splash screen ✓ - Forum - Windows
- My computer is automatic reboot looping ✓ - Forum - Windows
It's not the SATA drive that Windows XP has problems with. It's the SATA controller in the laptop that is the problem. I don't know if you can do it with your laptop, but try going into the BIOS set-up and have a look to see if you can tell it to use the SATA controller in IDE or PATA mode.