Hard disk noisy

Closed
hondahrv Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2009 - Sep 3, 2008 at 05:53 AM
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Sep 3, 2008 at 06:45 AM
Hello,

since yesterday i have been encounting some problems with my hard disk it keeps making some noise inside and then doesnt work at all. i brought it to the computer showroom where i bought it and there was working fine no noise working 100% fine. brought it back home working fine and then since yesterday started to do the same thing with me noisy sometimes works and sometimes not..

what should i do with it?

its still on guarantee but they doesnt want to exchange it there!!
Related:

1 response

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Sep 3, 2008 at 06:45 AM
Hi There
First things first Backup all your data you want to keep inc Emails if you download them address books favourites and anything in My Documents folder.
From now on don't save anything to this hard drive you want to keep.

I know it's a pain but you must take it back to the shop.
Its always the case you go to the Doctors and the pain is not there when you arrive.

If this is happening regularly If you have an I pod or similar device or can lend one I would record the noise and then take it back to the shop and if the computer is not making the noise at lease they will be able to hear the recording of it.

Another thing you might want to do is download the free Hdtune from the site link below (make sure it's the free one you are downloading)

http://www.hdtune.com/

run it and see what it comes up with.

Before you run it make sure that S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the BIOS if you know how to do it, if not run it without as smart might already be enabled.

Let me know how you get on.
Kindest Regards Tony B.