HP Desktop PC Powers On & Nothing Else???

Closed
helpmehelpme - Jan 1, 2010 at 06:02 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 2, 2010 at 06:12 AM
Hello,

I have an HP desktop PC and I normally leave it on 24/7. Last night I switched it off and this morning when I woke up I switched it back on.

I could hear the roaring power of the fan go on but that's pretty much it. Nothing came up on the display monitor, and nothing is happening. It's just the fan that's on and Windows XP won't load.

What might the problem be?

Thanks.
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2010 at 03:39 AM
Dear Sir,

Is there any beep sound coming out and is the

monitor having the correct power supply? This

might be that the RAM or motherboard is faulty.

Please confirm the issue in order to have further

help.

Thank you.
wanna be hi-tech Posts 17 Registration date Friday December 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2011
Jan 2, 2010 at 04:53 AM
1. Is your monitor OK - unplug the monitor cable from the cpu, if it says "no signal - check video cable" then the monitor is ok.
2. like the dist.urbd said above check the ram - is it beeping ( there are a few different kind of beeps each one resembles to a different faulty).
4.Take out your rams and switch it.
3. Your vga card might need a replacement - borrow your buddy's vga card (if its a pci card type) and slot it in your pci slot - if its the faulty of your vga card then this should work.
5. Could be your processor ( u can try using another processor - if u can get hold of one! - not advisable if u r not familiar with ripping apart your machine)
6. All these dont work, then its your motherboard's faulty - depends on the amount of damage done to it. Might have to replace it `$$$$$$` unless its still under warranty.
Thanks for your help everyone. Fortunately I was able to fix the problem. It was the RAM card that came with the desktop computer, somehow it popped up off its slot. So I removed it and placed it on another available slot and then my computer started working again. Thanks!
Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2010 at 06:12 AM
Hi there!

Thanks for using the forum for any

kind of problem. You are welcomed.