Cannot update/Download anything from Windows

Closed
Smackboy713 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2010 - Jan 1, 2010 at 09:23 AM
Smackboy713 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2010 - Jan 2, 2010 at 02:07 PM
Hello,
I cannot get any updates from windows. I also cannot get on any windows.com pages / I get page cannot be displayed message. I've tried also downloading anti-virus /spyware programs and cannot get them to load because they cannot contact the server. I've checked my firewall settings and nothing is being blocked. Something is keeping me from downloading stuff and cannot figure it out. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.
Thank You
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2010 at 03:05 AM
Dear Smackboy713,

Please check the Windows OS that you are using is actually

a genuine copy through the below steps:

https://ccm.net/faq/4190-windows-genuine-validation

Thank you.
Smackboy713 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2010
Jan 2, 2010 at 02:07 PM
Thank you for your help, I went to the Windows validate website and was unable to validate it there because the security pop-up bar that loads the Active-X did not appear at the top of the screen. I did look in the publishers area in internet options and under the un-trusted plublishers it says Microsoft-FRAUDULENT-Not Microsoft, While i was away on an EXTENDED-VACATION :), My wife had somebody clean out the computer cause it was not working properly, She said he re-installed windows, Well i reckon that is the problem, Is there anything i can do about this without having to buy a whole new copy of windows, Any suggestions ? Thank you for your time and help, Happy New Year,
Mike