IP address

Closed
Ray - Sep 8, 2008 at 04:08 PM
 MW - Nov 20, 2008 at 08:44 PM
Hello,
Hey, all the time i try to set my settings for my ps3 and test the connection it says The attempt to find the ip address failed. I asked all my friends and they coulnt help but there ps3 works great online . I been to a few wbsites to find how to make my online work but i hav no idea which cords and things to plug in. I really want to play call of duty 4 against my friends but my online wont work . Can u please help . Thank you so much.

tyler

2 responses

If you have a wireless internet the PS3 should pick it up. If it is secured, you'll need to go into the settings and enter your WEP key.

If you don't have a wireless internet, you'll need an ethernet cord that is long enough to reach from your router to your PS3. It plugs in on the back.
Hi,
I have an enthernet cable, and i hooked it up to my laptop. And when i do the connections test it says the ip adress can not be found. Aswell with the internet connection.Should the cable be hooked up to the router. And also, i can get intenet in the basement with my laptop, but i can't get online without a cable for my ps3.