No hardwire connection with Linksys

Closed
casey - Jan 2, 2010 at 10:16 PM
 casey - Jan 3, 2010 at 04:35 PM
Hello,

I have a wireless connection with my WRT54G Linksys router but do not have one when disconnected wirelessly and hardwired to the router. I need a hardwire connection to configure my slingbox, which for some reason isn't detecting a wireless connection on the network. Any suggestions on this one?

Casey

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM
AS you found you need one computer connected by wire to the router to configure it. Can't you temporarily connect one laptop to the route?
Hello XPC,

That makes sense to hardwire connect to my router to my computer but that isn't working. I have a wireless connection from the router but not a wired connection.

The configuration setup is modem connected to the router, router connected to the slingbox. I had the slingbox configured on another router that had to be replaced. The router I'm now using is one I've used at another home for a few years on both laptops. I repositioned this router to the address where the slingbox is located and on the same cable network, have established a wireless connection on both laptops but can't seem to get the router to read the slingbox on the network. Hardwired to my computer the router won't even give me an internet connection.

The obvious solution is to simply use an ethernet connection from the router but still I can't get a hardwired connection to the computer. Doesn't make sense. Any further suggestions?

Casey