Old mac problem with desk top

Closed
yayagal - Jan 4, 2010 at 05:21 PM
 yayagal - Jan 4, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Hello,
I'm a senior and we have an old mac computer that works fine but right now we have two problems that I know can be fixed but we don't know how. First, when on the internet, about one third of the page at the bottom is missing and we can see the desktop. How do I fix that?
Second, you know the small group of icons on the bottom of the desktop that hold your internet icon, it used to be tiny and now it's huge. How do I make it small again? The computer is 15 years old and has done well by us.
I'll be so grateful if you can help two frustrated seniors. Thank you.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 4, 2010 at 06:25 PM
To increase the size of your taskbar, simply put your mouse pointer over the top edge (provided your taskbar is on the bottom of the screen) of the taskbar. Your pointer should change to double arrows (pointing away from each other). This means that your computer is ready to resize the taskbar. Now, click and drag your taskbar as far up as you would like it. You can make the taskbar up to half the size of the screen. Once you get to a point that is good, let go. That is all there is to it. Decreasing the size is the same (drag down instead of up, of course).

Good Luck
Thank you!!!! I made the tool bar tiny, woo hoo. Now how about the part when I'm on the internet, my pages are missing about an inch and a half at the bottom. I tried the double arrow on the top rim to try and pull it up which it did but the page was essentially the same size, the bottom just got bigger. One more answer and we're good to go.