Internet browser redirecting

Solved/Closed
MelisAva - Updated on Jul 23, 2017 at 08:09 AM
 hossein - Jun 24, 2017 at 12:02 AM
Hello,

I followed all of your instructions to get the desktop background off and I deleted all of the files, but now when I go on the internet and try to google anything or go to any site, I get redirected to other weird sites that are obviously part of the virus. Also, my computer has started freezing up all the time to the point that I can't do ANYTHING! Please help!
Related:

8 responses

Everyone is always going too far with things like these....

THE ONLY WAY TO DO THIS IS....

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.... Delete all automatically ticked items and then delete all those files.

This will delete all un-needed files from your computer especially malware or spyware, as they mostly like to hang out in the Temp folder.

So dont waste your time with download more viruses or spyware or malware.

Do it the easier way!

Good luck!
Gone are the days of IE simple hijackings; where 412 browsers open until you're screaming "Uncle!" and hold the cursed power button in for 3 or more seconds, run a scan on boot and fix the issue.

My browsers (IE and Firefox) would both bring up valid search results, but when clicking on a link, would redirect to searchfindsite.com, questbooster.com or a myriad of other sites I didn't bother to write down. I tried Malwarebytes, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, AVG and a few more I can't name right now. None of them fixed this problem. This issue seemed to affect the MBR and was extremely intrusive. I work in the IT field, but I was beginning to dread the idea of reloading the operating system, all the drivers, the software, the updates, creating a restore point, etc. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is work on another computer.

Anyway... I read your post and thought, "It can't be that easy." Um... yep. Two minutes and twelve seconds and a reboot later, no redirects. I never even considered Disk Cleanup.

You're the bomb!
THIS WORKS! do this!