This problem started after installing Chrome for a test run. After several hours of fooling around with MS suggestions and the attempts of others, I found that the box, "Use a proxy server for your LAN" had been checked (tools>internet options>(connections)>(LAN settings). Unchecking that box solved my problems.
I just figured it out. I was having the same problem on my 64 bit vista and IE 8 not displaying hotmail and other secure sites such as banks. All I did was click on the IE 64bit icon in the program menu and it works. Just copy that icon into the desktop and delete the old one. Works fine now.
i understand you becouse I had the same problem .all you have to do is :open internet explorer and go to menu TOOLS,than do to INTERNET OPTIONS.go to CONNECTION tabs,and click on SETTINGS tab.than you heve to uncheck the use o proxy server for this connection( )and click ok .
a was looking for hours and this is the only that worked I hobe this could work to you oo.good luck...
I am having this same issue and I've had no luck resolving it.
- 'Automatically detect settings' is unchecked.
- 'Use automatic configuration script' is unchecked.
- 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' is unchecked.
- I have deleted temp internet files, cookies and history.
- The error seems to occur when the web page takes longer than a few seconds to load - almost as though it is timing out.
- Running without add-ons does not solve the problem.
- Upgrading from IE7 to IE8 did not solve the problem. (I was desperate :))
- All other browsers are fine.
- When I run IE as another user on my machine, the issue does not occur.
'Start', 'Run' regsvr32 jscript.dll <return>
Note: you should get a little window pop-up saying "successful"
"Start', 'Run' regsver32 vbscript.dll <return>
Note: another little window pop-up hopefully saying "successful"
Reboot computer - trying IE8 again.
Hope this helped
Solved: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage but Firefox can
Thanks! The Internet Options, Connection, LAN Settings tab was just where I needed to go. It had been set to proxy by malware. I set it back to automatically detect and I can use Internet Explorer again!
I will start new website. I will get domain and web hosting. I will read my web page in front page and upload it.
my Cpanel settings was completed. In Internet explorer my url is not opening sir. How can I remove this problem sir plz tell me sir.
If all else fails workaround until fix is available is to left click and hold the hyperlink (or button) on the web page that doesn't work or open and drag it up to the next blank Tab in IE8 (i.e. drop it directly onto the TAB not the url address bar). Page then opens OK (am using windows 7).