Please do the following steps to resolve this issue.
1. Click on Start > RUN
2. type intl.cpl in the Run box, and then press ENTER.
3. On the Languages tab
4. Click the Details button.
5. In the Settings tab, under the Installed services section, click the Add button.
6. In the Input language list, click the language that you want; English (United States) [or English (Canada)].
7. In the Keyboard layout/IME list, click United States-International, and then click OK.
8. In the Settings tab, under the Default input language section, change the language to English (United States) - United States-International [or English (Canada) - United States-International].
9. Click the Apply button and then the OK button.
10. In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click the OK button to close the dialog box.
11.Notice that the Language bar appears on the taskbar. When you position the mouse pointer over it, a ToolTip appears that describes the active keyboard layout; English (United States) appears [or English (Canada)].
And dont forget to toggle the settings on your task bar on your bottom right of the screen... took me a while as well but it does work! see???? lol