Fatal System Error

Closed
virtually247 - Jan 7, 2010 at 01:56 AM
 :) - Apr 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Hello,
I have powered up my (ThinkPad) laptop and although it showed the Windows XP icon at the very beginning, I now have a blue screen which tells me the following:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Is this really fatal or is there something I can do?
Please help!
many thanks,
Sara
Related:

5 responses

Many thanks for the link but I don't have the disks - any other ideas how I can restore to original settings? ( I don't mind losing the files that were on the machine and have the Office Prof disks if necessary to reinstall)
Your solution is a typical IT fix-all..but, in this case it rarely works. The problem is often memory related.
Hi,
I do also face similar error in my desktop .I cleared the error by reinstalling the windows and the error was shown because of one antivirus which i installed.So dude reinstall ur system and do not install the suspicious softwares.

Bye
you may drain the power of your computer as well...if its a laptop, turn it off ang remove the battery or unplug the power cable then push the power button for 10 seconds. after that, you put the battery back or the power cable then turn it on

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Jan 7, 2010 at 02:24 AM
Dear Sir,

Please have the problem solved by having the system

repaired. This is actually being caused due to a corrupted

or missing system file. Please have the instructions to

having it repaired from the below link:

https://ccm.net/faq/516-repairing-windows-xp-using-cd-installation

Thank you.