Linksys WAG160N

Closed
Max - Sep 11, 2008 at 07:19 AM
 andy - Nov 22, 2008 at 06:40 AM
Hello,

I just got Linksys WAG160N which I made the setup easy and fast for the notebook through the cable . I although made my wireless connection named . But I can log in to the internet through the wireless although I can see my WiFi connection name and icon with key for the security with full signal and just one meter away , but when I click connect it give me the following "Windows is unable to select network. The network may no longer in range . Please refresh the list of available networks , and try again"

I did refresh , did switch off on , but no way to work.
Appreciate and assistance to support ,
Thanks in advance ,
Max

2 responses

uninstall the wireless card in device management , and than click " scan for hardware changes" reinstall the wireless driver . try to connect to AP again. you will be prompt to enter the password. i had same problem with you, but when i reinstall the driver everything is ok!
pianomonster Posts 25 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009
Sep 11, 2008 at 10:13 AM
hello,

when you do that and when it gives you the message that its no more in range just try to click on repair it will renew your ip address and it should work fine after that