-
Registration date
Friday January 14, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 26, 2013
-
Hello,

I have a Linksys srw2008 Business Series switch at my work place and I am trying to reset it, my questions are:

1. Does it come with it's specific console cable (for terminal connection, the serial cables I have are not working...bit rate: 38400 that I know) given the fact that it does not have a reset button?

2. I can't find the ip address of the switch (I used wireshark to get the configured IP address--got it entered using telnet, entered another ip address, but now I can't access it anymore), how can I get it now again..wireshark is not working anymore..no data packets are being send.

I have the switch directly connected to my pc (ethernet cable), and another failed connection (serial cable - DB9)} not working.

I just resendly started in Networking was formally in Project Management. a step by step approach in responds to my plea will be very much appreciated by all solutions are welcome.

Kind Regards/ Mit Freundliche Grusse

Shingapi

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below hyperlink "Download" and download the manual

Download

You can find all the instructions.

Good Luck
Registration date
Friday January 14, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 26, 2013

Good day, well I tried the "Download " but it was as useful as GOOGLE I just want to know; does it come with it's own console rj45 to db9 cable or a female to female cable?
the basic reset involves you to unplug the switch for a couple seconds then plug it back in
Registration date
Friday January 14, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 26, 2013

yes, that much I know thing is I don't know both console and enable passwords, so I decided to reset it to its Factory defaults... and might u know if it comes with it's own console cable?
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Most of the manufacture's gives you the console cable when you buy a switch.
Good Luck
Registration date
Friday January 14, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 26, 2013

Ok thank you, you have been most helpful in this regard, you have answered the question I have asked.

Regards
Shingapi

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!