Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello There,

I have an Acer Travelmate 2308LMi laptop, and my frnd sat on the screen by mistake...So now the screen is cracked (cannot see a single thing. it's totally black and blank) but i can switch the power on and off. I realy cannot live without the laptop and internet.So i went and bought a Toshiba (Model: Satellite). I went through most of ur forum links, and everybody says u can connect the both laptops together via a video cable and then press fn and f5 or f6 etc... But i cannot find any video cable holes in my acer or toshiba laptops....Guys, my old acer had all the important docs,assignments, pics etc..Even though i am using a new toshiba now, i feel soo unhappy and sad, and makes me think i am missing something big...To make the long story short, all my life was in the acer...

So cld u pls pls help me connecting these 2 together...I tried connecting the 2 via a data transfer cable..At that time i didnt know anything about this fn or f5 or f6...Pls note, the acer screen is not working at all, and i wld like to access all the docs from my new toshiba... SO i am thinking of buying that thing again to try that..Will that do the trick??? Pls pls help me with this....Thank you so much in advance...

2 replies

Registration date
Tuesday January 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
January 12, 2010
ahm.... what are you going to do transfer the files??? or use the laptop with other video output??
if u want to going to transfer your files it very simple, laptops have a device the can use for transfering data to desktop comp it can brought in pcOption!! or if you want i willing to do that,,,,!!!
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You can remove the hard drive from the broken computer and insert it into a USB hard drive adapter. That will convert the hard drive into an external drive. You can then plug the USB cable into the working computer.

Good Luck