CONNECTING 2 LAPTOPS

Closed
rose-r-rose Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 - Jan 12, 2010 at 09:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 13, 2010 at 01:32 PM
Hello There,

I have an Acer Travelmate 2308LMi laptop, and my frnd sat on the screen by mistake...So now the screen is cracked (cannot see a single thing. it's totally black and blank) but i can switch the power on and off. I realy cannot live without the laptop and internet.So i went and bought a Toshiba (Model: Satellite). I went through most of ur forum links, and everybody says u can connect the both laptops together via a video cable and then press fn and f5 or f6 etc... But i cannot find any video cable holes in my acer or toshiba laptops....Guys, my old acer had all the important docs,assignments, pics etc..Even though i am using a new toshiba now, i feel soo unhappy and sad, and makes me think i am missing something big...To make the long story short, all my life was in the acer...

So cld u pls pls help me connecting these 2 together...I tried connecting the 2 via a data transfer cable..At that time i didnt know anything about this fn or f5 or f6...Pls note, the acer screen is not working at all, and i wld like to access all the docs from my new toshiba... SO i am thinking of buying that thing again to try that..Will that do the trick??? Pls pls help me with this....Thank you so much in advance...
Related:

2 responses

EhL Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday January 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 5
Jan 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM
ahm.... what are you going to do transfer the files??? or use the laptop with other video output??
if u want to going to transfer your files it very simple, laptops have a device the can use for transfering data to desktop comp it can brought in pcOption!! or if you want i willing to do that,,,,!!!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,825
Jan 13, 2010 at 01:32 PM
You can remove the hard drive from the broken computer and insert it into a USB hard drive adapter. That will convert the hard drive into an external drive. You can then plug the USB cable into the working computer.

Good Luck