Burning charger??? WTH??

Closed
Amberlynn - Jan 17, 2010 at 01:56 PM
 Laura - May 9, 2010 at 01:58 PM
Hello,
I have a Compaq laptop. A couple of days ago I was using it, and noticed a burning smell. I realized it was coming from the charger. When I pulled the charger out, the plastic was melted and gooey. The computer was working just fine. I shut it down. When I tried charging it today, with a new charger, it will not charge. The blue charging light comes on, but it will not turn on. ANy idea what happened?? Thank you!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 17, 2010 at 03:51 PM
Once the charger started to fail it might have supplied excess voltage to the laptop. That might have damaged the charging regulator circuit in the laptop. Nothing much you can do except ship it off to be repaired.

Sorry
Hello, i also have a compaq laptop and it happens to me too!! Sorry i don't know the answer, i try not to charge it when i am using it and when it is hot like just after i use it...i'm not sure if that fixes the problem because i just started doing it yesterday with a new charger