Acer Aspire 1692 won't boot

Closed
steve - Jan 17, 2010 at 04:47 PM
 steve - Jul 8, 2010 at 05:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

My Acer Aspire 1692 just died! It won't boot with my backup CD. All I get is black screen when I reboot.

What I have done recently was Skype Update and Firefox update. After that, when I tried to boot. My computer could not load windows xp properly (took 10 minutes to load desktop, but the computer appeared to be frozen). I tried to get system restore by hard shut down and reboot. Unfortunately, I cannot boot any more!

Thank you in advance for your kindly helps!

Steven
Related:

1 response

I don't have system recovery disc. Only made back up disc when initialize the computer. And the backup CD could not help booting.

Does this mean somehow my BIOS on RAM got messed up during a hard boot/software updates? Is there anything I can do to save my laptop?

In case I have to give up this laptop, is there any easy way to copy all the information on hard drive to my other computer?

Glad for your kindly helps! Thank you very much and Gods bless all of us!
i have the same problem, it froze during the booting, hard shutdown, and from then, i cant boot the windows, not even in safe mode, blue screen always appears, furthermore, my dvdrom drive is broken for some time, so im not able to reinstal the windows itself even though i would lose all my data
Mime is worse. There is no blue screen. Just stucks at middle of no where. can't boot with anything. I don't want to buy a recovery CD and find out I need to spend more money fixing it so I just not use it anymore.

If you can hookup the harddisc to another computer, you can still get all the data.