Extending My Windows Vista desktop

Closed
tobybowes - Jan 18, 2010 at 06:26 AM
 tobybowes - Jan 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Hello,

First time for me in this forum so i hope i post i the correct place, if not please accept my appology in advance.
Right here goes with my question.

Im a Karaoke entertainment provider and over the past months ive slowly been expanding my business. The software I use is generally either PCDJ VJ or VIRTUAL DJ, in short both pieces of software allow me to play a karaoke cdg and view the lyrics on a seperate "extended" display. I currently do this through either an s-video or a hdmi cable.

I have now taken residency in a public house which has several plasma screens linked to a single point behind the bar. Now i would like to use these screens for my videos/karaoke/adverts but the only thing is im around 50ft away and im now allowed to install any long cables (because it would look untidy).

Im using a laptop which has a wireless b/g wifi card, ive also got hdmi-out, s-video out, vga-out, several usb-ports, and also the port for a network cable. Im sure i can transmit an extened desktop wirelessly but im not 100% sure how, and also do you have to first connect a second display directly to the laptop to activate the extended desktop system? Im will to spend a fair bit of money as the system will be a valuble assett. Oh and incase you require, my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1200 which supports extended desktops.

Any help guys?
Thanks in advance.
Related:

2 responses

No idea guys? Its really urgent.

Ive found the "Netgear Digital Entertainer Elite EVA9150" which could play the files from my laptop but it doesn't say wether it will allow you to extend or even duplicate your laptop display.

Please help all you can. Thanks in advance!
Very surprised ive had no responce to my question :(

If anyone knows how to do this in XP, Vista or Windows 7 it would be helpful. Maybe ill be able to get a better responce now ive opened the question up a little.

Thanks