Unable to use cakewalk recording software

Closed
barrett60 - Sep 17, 2008 at 09:29 PM
 Uday - Dec 14, 2008 at 07:58 PM
Hello,
I'd appreciate any help. I have a dell inspiron with vista operating system. I recently purchased cakewalk's music creator 4 which is a program to play guitar, keyboard, etc. and mix it on the computer for playback, cd recording, etc. When I installed the program it shows no output or input devices for my computer and therefore I get nothing when I try and playback and/or record. I have two headphone and one microphone jack on the front which I've been trying to use for this with no results, but I can get sound from them when listening to other components of computer. Tried a search in computer to find out info on my sound card, but nothing came up and same for an audio interface search. Tried recording through my computer's preloaded microphone recorder and it did play back, but only on one side of the earphone. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given for this.
Related:

2 responses

where can i downlpoad the software cakewlak from is it freely downloadble from the internet what is the link

Regards,
Uday Padhye
India Maharasthra
essodiesel Posts 16 Registration date Saturday August 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 2
Sep 18, 2008 at 08:51 AM
hello, have you checked if this program has any known compatibily with windows vista you should be sure of that first