Cakewalk by BandLab download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Cakewalk by BandLab, previously known as SONAR, is a complete music production package, a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) that offers advanced tools for music creation.
What is Cakewalk by BandLab?
Cakewalk is a Digital Audio Workstation that had been on the market for over 30 years when it was acquired and relaunched by BandLab in 2018. Cakewalk by BandLab is now a major DAW solution and it is used by millions of people worldwide. You can compose, record, edit, mix, master, share and take advantage of all the built-in resources to create basically whatever you want from scratch or using existing assets.
What are the key features of Cakewalk by BandLab?
- Interface: It features a friendly, clean and fine-tuned interface where you can organize all your different windows the way you want. That way, you can create your own environment and become even more productive.
- Mix and master: No matter whether you want to track, mix or master, you will find high-quality tools and consoles to fit your needs.
- Effects: Cakewalk by BandLab comes with various effects that will bring your compositions to the next level, including convolution reverb, resonant filtering, dynamic compression, tube saturation, and lots more.
- Instruments: It features a crazy amount of different instruments, including studio instruments, drums, bass, electric piano and strings. Also, you will be able to fine-tune many parameters for each one to get the most out of them. You can even use sheet music to manually choose the notes your instruments will play!
- Share: Once you have created your songs and tracks, you can easily export and share your creations to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook, and more. This is a powerful feature as it will allow you to build your community and get feedback from people worldwide.
- Optimized: Cakewalk by BandLab is built on a 64-bit engine to offer high-precision audio technology and clean, consistent and accurate results every time you use it. Moreover, thanks to resampling, you can ensure that your plug-ins output the highest quality audio.
- Extendable: You can add all kinds of plug-ins to enhance and shape your musical environment as it features VST3 and ARA support.
How to use Cakewalk by BandLab?
- Once launched, you can create an empty project, but you can also choose a Basic, 4-track, 16-track, Guitar or Vocal project.
- Then, you can go to Edit > Preferences to configure all your project settings.
- Then, you can start to compose. If you want, you can learn more about all the possibilities by consulting online resources and tutorials.
Is it free?
Yes, Cakewalk by BandLab is free to download and use.
Is it safe?