How to connect two pc to LAN

Closed
Bert - Sep 18, 2008 at 08:50 PM
 bert - Sep 19, 2008 at 03:55 PM
Hello,
I have a primary pc(windows xp media center) connected to LAN. I recently purchased a second pc(windows xp pro) for business. I removed the LAN cable from the first pc and connected the second one, but nothing is happening. It states that the connection cannot be established. How do I address this issue? Should i get another cable modem? Or how can I connect both? Thanks!!!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 19, 2008 at 04:48 AM
hey there,

if i understand your question well you are connecting the second pc with an ethernet cable and you dont need to have a modem for that. just plug the lan cable in the ethernet port and then you must be sure that in the local settings for local area network the detect network connection automatically option box is selected and it should be alright. are you sure that the driver for the ethernet port is correctly configured and installed?
one more question. I have a PC with 256mb RAM. I removed a card containing the same amount of RAM from another PC. Can I simply open the PC and install the additional RAM? Or do I need a special software? And, can a PC run with to RAM cards of totally different amounts...let's say....256mb and 512mb, or do they have to be identical in RAM? Does namebrand of the two RAM cards make a difference?