Using Sprint Broadband as Modem for my PC

Solved/Closed
lklohs - Jan 26, 2010 at 12:24 AM
 palace man - Sep 28, 2010 at 04:02 PM
Hello,
I would like to use my cell phone ( Blackberry Curve 8530) with Sprint as a modem on my Samsung netbook with XP. How do I accomplish this task?
Related:

3 responses

USER: dist.urbd is right about getting the mobile phone's PC Suite installed on your computer and then just have the phone connected and get to the main screen of the PC Suite application and select Connect to Internet.

However, I just got off the phone with SPRINT and their exact words were as follows: sprint has recently (3 months ago)discontinued their service to use a phone(Blackberry Curve 8530) as a modem and now charges(encourages) their customers to get a "free"* modem around $50/month to use this service. How pathetic of them! Their is no other way of using your device as a modem.

Ps. please do not download any software that claims you can to so. You'll only be putting your computer at risk for Trojan's or in other terms VIRUSES......

*LOOK AT FEE'S ON ACCOUNT BEFORE CONSIDERING....
YOUR WELCOME IN ADVANCE!
Sprint is full of it! There are DOZENS of users using the BB as a modem. Old and new. I have used it on occasion. They offer the modem to exploit more money from you. IMHO, search the "other forums" if they wont help you out here. You will run across it eventually.
Blocked Profile
Jan 26, 2010 at 02:41 AM
Dear Sir,

This task can be completed by simply getting the mobile phone's PC Suite installed on your computer and then just have the phone connected and get to the main screen of the PC Suite application and select Connect to Internet.

Thanks in advance.