OFFICE 2003 PICTURE MANAGER AND VISTA

Closed
LNJR - Sep 19, 2008 at 05:46 PM
 GDubYa - Jan 5, 2009 at 08:51 PM
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone was having a problem with the crop option in the Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2003 and Vista. I have used this on my xp pro with sp2 - no problems but it will not save a picture that I crop on the vista home premium with sp1.
Related:

1 response

From the information provided in your email I understand the issue is:

You are getting EULA prompt for Outlook 2003 ( end user license agreement)

Cause : This normally happens when there are not sufficient permissions to outlook in the registry.

Resolution :

We need to give permissions to Outlook and that should resolve the issue.

Here are a few steps that should help us resolve the problem:

Run Outlook as Administrator

Click Start > Computer > Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office 11

1. Right click on the .exe files (outlook.exe).

2. Right click on Outlook.exe and click on run as Administrator.

Now check the status of the Issue. ( you might get the Eula one time after you do this ) , so check it 2 or 3 times , If it is not resolved we might have to change the settings in registry

Giving Full Permissions to the Registry

1. Click Start menu, in the start search box type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Now click on Computer on the left hand side to expand it.

3. Click on File and click on Export and select the Export range as All and save it to desktop( give any file name., we have taken a backup of the registry)

4. Go to this location HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Office ( double click on h_key_localMachine on the left hand side to go to software and so on)

5. When you have finally reached the location , right click on the file and then click on Permissions and click on Add.

6. In the "Select the Object name box" type Everyone and hit ok.

7. Now highlight Everyone and then check the box Full Control.

8. Click on Apply and hit Ok.

Now restart the computer and Open Outlook , you will get the prompt for EULA once again , accept and then restart the Computer once again.

Now check the status of the issue.