WRT54G Router

Closed
Chris - Jan 27, 2010 at 08:45 PM
Kmiller4u Posts 9 Registration date Wednesday January 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 - Jan 27, 2010 at 09:12 PM
Hello,

I have a LINKSYS WRT54G router. I am trying to set it up on my deskstop. I have connected the router to the cable modem and I have connected the router to my computer. The router power is on. I am not getting internet service through the router to my computer. Do you know what I am missing?

2 responses

good day,
try this..
go to start, run, type cmd..you need to release and renew the ipconfig your ip address...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ipconfig\release
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ipconfig/release

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ipconfig\renew
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ipconfig/renew

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

C:\Documents and Settings\user>
Kmiller4u Posts 9 Registration date Wednesday January 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 1
Jan 27, 2010 at 09:12 PM
I had the same problem before with my router and was able to make it work by making some changes with the settings. Just go to the router's page by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser, then enter admin for the password. Leave the username blank. After which, go to the MAC Address Clone tab and click Clone your PC's MAC and save the settings. For more info, access this link, http://www.supportrix.com/SUPPORTRIX/Main.php?do=LearnMore I got it all there.