Using Windows 2000 + IE6

Closed
john_m79 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday September 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 21, 2008 - Sep 21, 2008 at 07:19 AM
GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 - Oct 2, 2008 at 02:51 PM
Hello,

I am using windows 2000 and IE6 on an old fujitsu lifebook. Anyway, i am trying a wirless card, then an ethernet cable to connect to the ineternet, each are showing 'connected and the speed'. but when i am opening IE it says 'cannot connect to the internet i know it is something silly, but i cant work it out.

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 11
Oct 2, 2008 at 02:51 PM
well try disabeling the proxy from the internet options advanced and the lan connection
or just click on IntenetE>tools>internet options>connections>set up a new connection then choose the settings that goes with the wirless connection
or try to change the settings and turn off the firewall
reply to me if neither worked or you found any more probs
good luck!!!
Hi:
I had the same problem when I brought up a machine running Win 2000. I apparently had an Internet connection, but couldn't connect to the Internet using any browser (Tried both IE and Firefox).

I was advised to shutdown the computer, then reboot the modem (I'm using a cable modem), then reboot the computer. The problem seems to have been that the modem was trying to use the IP address from the computer to which it was previously attached. Robooting both the modem and the computer caused a new IP address to be assigned. After doing that, my Win 2000 machine was able to connect to the Internet.

If you haven't already fixed this, I hope this helps.