DVD player for mac

Closed
mery - Sep 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM
 chefbill - Dec 11, 2008 at 11:07 PM
Hello,
I bought a Sony DVD Recorder that records DVDs from tape, cameras, etc. It works great but the DVDs will not play on my Mac Computer; only on a PC that is running Windows Media Player 11. I don't use PCs so is there a DVD player for Macs? I was told by Sony that either iMovie or iDVD will play the DVDs created by the machine but that isn't true. The tech said to look for a free download of PowerDVD but it's either not for Mac, not free or both. I have a Titanium G4 laptop running OS 10.4.3 and the DVD is not accepted by the computer. I also have a PowerPC running OS 10.3.9. The computer takes the DVD but won't play it.

It will play on a DVD player connected to a TV but that means I can't share them "on the road".

Does anyone know where I can get a DVD player that will play my DVDs?

Mery
Related:

2 responses

trypchelp Posts 13 Registration date Monday August 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 1
Sep 23, 2008 at 05:40 AM
hello mery,

the dvd you have burnt must surely be in the WMA format and that is why your mac cant read the dvd movie. the technician told you right you must have a program like powerdvd or windows media player in order to play it but if you cant find a program of that sort or if it does not exist for your mac then you wont be able to do that unfortunately dude
Try Handbrake.com and convert to MP4 and then you can even turn it into Ipod format in Itunes advanced pref toolbar