Dell Inpiron 8200 Doesn't Start

Closed
Bhagwan - Feb 9, 2010 at 06:17 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 9, 2010 at 06:28 PM
Hello,
My inspiron 8200 is not turning on. Nothing happen when I press the start button: no power on lights, no fans.
The battery is charged (I have an extenal charger) and the test shows it. The start button seems to be the problem. In the past, I was able to start the computer when the battery was charged. The computer, however, had some problem that prevented it from starting if the power cord was plugged in. So I had to remove the power cord before starting the computer and plugged it in once the computer was turned on.

What could I do to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Bhagwan Samyal
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 9, 2010 at 06:28 PM
Is this an OLD laptop? After 6 or 7 years I would expect any laptop to fail. It's not worth the cost to fix it. You can buy a external USB hard drive enclosure to salvage the data on the hard drive. But, that drive has also reached the end of its life span and is not reliable as a back-up device.

Good luck