Cannot re-boot the the system

Closed
Viraf - Sep 25, 2008 at 08:12 PM
Anonymiter Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2008 - Sep 26, 2008 at 03:56 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I was watching DVD in Quickplay mode and computer went into hibernating, when I re-started the movie dvd was still in the drive hence it is giving me an error and I am unable to re-boot the system please guide me how can I re-boot the system and also need informatio to remove a trojan horse virus and wm32 worm.

Your urgent response to this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Viraf
Related:

1 response

Anonymiter Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2008
Sep 26, 2008 at 03:56 AM
Re-boot? Ummm... unplug the computer if the off button won't work. It's not going to blow up and your files can't be any more messed up by a hard shutdown than by Quickplay malfunctioning because of a bug or virus. If you've actually turned the computer off though and you can't get it to "start up" then you're out of luck.

Most Trojans and Viruses can be detected, contained, and even removed with most anti-virus programs. Even the free versions of software like AVG should be capable. Otherwise you're again out of luck.

In that case... time to shell out some cash for some tech work.