IE7 won't launch - permission denied

Solved/Closed
Guy - Feb 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 12, 2010 at 01:15 PM
Hello,
I had been using Firefox and it did an auto-upgrade, and began malfunctioning. By IE7 worked. Giving up on Firefox I uninstalled it.
Then IE7 began having issues...at first it would not open most web pages, then it would not even launch. I will not launch from anywhere including the run command. I get a 'don't have permissions to access this file' message now. I am logged in as the Admin with full rights to everything. Tried running IE7 with extensions off...no joy. Help?

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 12, 2010 at 01:15 PM
Hello,

With due respect, I suggest that some Firefox values and keys are still in your registry which may create a conflict with your IE running.

Did you also know that IE8 can be downloaded and installed?

If you are not sure how to edit your registry, you may download, install and run this free utility which in my opinion does a good job, it is not perfect but deeper in the cleaning than many others.

Just follow this link

https://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

We look forward to your feedback.

Best regards