Wireless is connected but still no internet

Closed
lara - Feb 17, 2010 at 08:14 AM
 lara - Feb 18, 2010 at 10:23 AM
hello, i connected the wireless to my cousins router (got the security key & everything) the wireless is connected & the signal is excellent but still i don't have internet access. i diagnosed the problem & it says Domain Name Server configuration....DNS is down....How can i fix this problem??? help plzzz (btw i have a toshiba with vista)

2 responses

Open Network and Sharing Center, Change Adapter Settings, select your connection and right-click, then Properties from that menu.

Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Properties again. Now set the options for Obtain an IP address automatically and below it, Obtain DNS server address automatically. Then Ok, Ok.

If it still isn't working (after a reboot, perhaps), then it can mean that your ISP's proxy servers are down.

P.S.
This is for Windows 7 and that's where the screenshot's from: http://tinypic.com/images/goodbye.jpg
the automatic settings are all checked but still when i try to access a web page it says DNS is down, i just got this toshiba with vista should i return it or can i fix the problem??? and if my DNS is down i can't get access to internet with wireless or with cable connection too???? plz help
"Obtain DNS server address automatically" is checked but still there is an error it says the DNS is down what should i do????