Reset to factory settings

Solved/Closed
ann - Feb 19, 2010 at 07:28 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 19, 2010 at 09:26 PM
Hello,
I have a gateway M-7315U and I am trying to reset my computer back to factory settings and cant figure out how to do it. Thanks

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 19, 2010 at 09:26 PM
Gateway instructions:
his option restarts the computer and begins restoring back to the factory installation of Windows using Gateway® Recovery Management.

1. From the Windows Vista™ default Start menu, click All Programs, Gateway, and then click Gateway Recovery Management.
View Picture

2. In the Gateway Recovery Management window, click Restore, and then click Restore system to factory default.
View Picture

3. In the Confirm Restoration dialog box, select Yes, and then click Start.
View Picture

Note: You are prompted to enter your password if a password was set.
View Picture

4. In the Confirm Restoration dialog box, click OK.
View Picture

5. The computer restarts.

6. Windows loads files.
View Picture

7. The Please wait a moment screen is displayed.
View Picture

8. In the Restore from factory default dialog box, click Next.
View Picture

9. In the Destination Disk Information dialog box, click Next.
View Picture

10. In the Notice dialog box, click OK.
View Picture

11. The hard drive partition is created.
View Picture

12. The factory default installation is copied to the hard drive.
View Picture

13. In the Finished dialog box, click OK.
View Picture

14. The Please wait a moment screen is displayed and then the computer restarts.
View Picture

15. Windows prepares to start for the first time. This may take a few minutes.
View Picture

16. Windows continues setting up the computer.
View Picture

17. The computer restarts.

18. In the Set Up Windows screen, click Next.
View Picture

19. In the Please read the license terms screen, select the I accept the license terms check box for each item, and then click Next.
View Picture

20. In the Choose a user name and picture screen, enter the appropriate information, and then click Next.
View Picture

21. In the Type a computer name and choose a desktop background screen, enter the appropriate information, and then click Next.
View Picture

22. In the Help protect Windows automatically screen, click Use recommended settings.
View Picture

23. In the Review your time and date settings screen, select the appropriate settings, and then click Next.
View Picture

24. In the Select your computer's current location screen, click the appropriate option.
View Picture

25. In the Thank You screen, click Start.
View Picture

26. Windows checks the computers performance. Depending on hardware, this process takes up to 15 minutes to complete.
View Picture

27. Windows prepares the desktop.
View Picture

28. The Gateway Recovery Management is installed.
View Picture

29. Installation is complete.