Mscomct3n.ocx missing

Closed
NeddHeLPlinksysG Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2010 - Feb 21, 2010 at 01:05 PM
 NMITGuy - Mar 26, 2010 at 01:06 PM
Hello,
what is it and how can I install it?

I can't find any info on this even goggled it.
Related:

3 responses

I too experience problems with a missing mscomct3n.ocx error when running Paragon's system checker with certain Windows Vista/7 PC's.

Follow the instructions from this link: http://www.ascentive.com/support/3123InstallList.html

Here is the procedure that worked for me: I downloaded the .ocx file from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm2mgyzfhz2/MSCOMCT3N.OCX/file

Copied the file into C:\windows\system

Reboot into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 while your computer is POSTing until you see the menu which allows you to enter safe mode. Select which ever safe mode you like. Booting into safe mode might be an unnecessary step, but it worked for me.

run cmd as an administrator and type the following command at the prompt:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system\mscomct3n.ocx

If you have done everything correctly, you will see a dialog box that says registering of the .ocx file was successful. Now you can go back to Paragon and run the system checker without issue.
Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2010 at 02:58 PM
Dear Sir,

Please indicate the complete error message and on which specific task you are experiencing this problem.

Thanks in advance.
NeddHeLPlinksysG Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2010
Feb 21, 2010 at 04:10 PM
I am trying to install Paragon set up utility.

This is on the installation page:

Supports all versions of Windows from 98 SE2 to Windows 7.
Creates a restore point.
a.If system restore is disabled it will prompt to automatically enable system restore
Identifies operating system and Internet Explorer browser version then registers core system DLLs if necessary and will automatically detect and repair common system issues.
Detects if pop-up blockers or toolbars are installed and configures them to work with Paragon and associated third party systems
Inserts 15,000 active x identifiers to block, disable and prevent common malware from installing or operating on the system
If no TIF viewer is installed on the system, it will automatically install and configure AlternaTiff for optimal support of the Plat Maps.
Configures core Internet Explorer Settings:
Sets temporary internet files 300MB
Sets the Check For Newer Versions Of Stored Pages to ‘Every Visit To The Page’
Enables printing of background colors and images.
Enables HTTP 1.1
Sets Internet Explorer Text Size to Medium
Sets Encoding to Western ISO
Configures Trusted Sites Security Level
Sets Internet Explorer tabbed browsing setting to allow Internet Explorer to decide how new pages will be opened.
If IE 8 is installed, turn off Data Execution Prevention for Internet Explorer
If Windows 64 System is detected, it will create the shortcuts to the 32 bit version of IE for optimal support of the Paragon System.
Configures Internet Explorer print margins to .25 for the Right, Left and Top margins, the Bottom margin is set to .5.
Adds the following sites to the Trusted Sites list and allows for pop ups from:
*.fnismls.com
*.spellchecker.net
*.sitexdata.com
*.transactionpoint.com
*.trpoint.com
*.getmedianow.com
*.virtualearth.net
*.doccentral.com
*.rdesk.com
*.rexplorer.net
*.xmlsweb.com
*.safemls.com
*.virtualearth.com
Checks for older or multiple versions of Sun Java installed and gives them the option to remove the other versions and installs the latest version of Sun Java.
Checks display settings
Will automatically configure screen resolution to 1024x768 if screen resolution is less than 1024x768
Will repair the following accessibility issues on user prompting:
Font Size
Font DPI
High Contrast Accessibility setting
Prompts user to delete temporary internet files
User has the option to not delete cookies
Will prompt for reboot if any programs have been installed or display settings have been adjusted.
Removes itself from the system and creates a log file for tech support.
Important Note: If you have used the previous version of the System Checker the Paragon login icon created and placed on the desktop must be removed as it will now be incorrect. Refer to the browser help files for creating desktop shortcuts to websites.