Copy of Windows did not pass Gen Windows Val

Closed
luvnlily - Feb 25, 2010 at 02:58 PM
 kuttu - Jun 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Hello,
This AM when PC turned on I have a black background and a note in lower right hand corner stating You may be a victim of software conterfeiting. This copy of Windows Did Not Pass Genuine Windows Validation. A friend of mine installed this on my PC and I am sure it's not a Genuine copy. I cannot afford to buy the genuine version/license for $149 and use my PC for school and the internet daily. I don't even know, or where to find which version of Internet Explorer I am using!

#1-How can I get rid of this message and get my PC back to how it was yesterday (normal)
#2-I have read some of the other messages pertaining to this however I am scared to do this because I don't want to lose any programs installed (like MS Office 10 BETA) or any of my folders with documents for school in them, and don't really understand any of this.
#3-Will I be able to continue using my PC if I don't have a Genuine Version of Windows XP Professional (not sure why I have the Professional edition, and am not even sure if I need the "Professional" edition...what's the difference between that and the Home Edition?

Can you please explain in layman's terms how I can get my PC back to the way it was yesterday and how can I stop from getting the messages in the lower right hand corner stating that I have Updates for Windows that need to be installed. I have a teenager who uses this PC as well and she may have done something to make this happen last night??

Please advise and I greatly appreciate all your help-ANYONE!
Related:

4 responses

Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 2
May 31, 2010 at 09:34 AM
"You may be a victim of software counterfeiting this copy of windows did not pass genuine windows validation" - This is so easy to solve guys. Hey guys you don't need to buy the licensed operating system so expensive. All you need to do is download and install the WGA REMOVER in Softpedia. Here is the link: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/RemoveWGA.shtml#download Download it and run to your computer. Then you will be asked to reboot your computer then after rebooting your problem was solved!
Blocked Profile
Feb 25, 2010 at 03:00 PM
Dear Luvnlily,

Please get the problem solved through the below method:

https://ccm.net/faq/1634-running-a-pirated-version-of-windows-how-to-make-it-legal

Thanks in advance.
luvnlily7 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 25, 2010
Feb 25, 2010 at 03:30 PM
I cannot afford the Genuine Version (on MS website it is $149!), and I see that Windows XP Professional was installed, however I don't need the Professional version. How can I work around this....I just need it for another 2 months and will be getting an entirely new PC with Genuine Versions of everything, Please advise...
please help me .I had a same warning from genuine software validation i.e. you may be victim of counterfeiting. so how can i remove this from my pc. The desktop picture was also not runing.