Monitor goes black just before Log in

Closed
Topher - Oct 1, 2008 at 11:49 PM
 rallyboy - Feb 18, 2009 at 04:17 AM
Hello,

I recently had a GeForce graphics card installed. I hooked up all the cables and start the computer. Everything looks good, it shows the Windows XP screen with the moving bar, then, just before it goes to the screen where I log on, the screen goes blank as if it wasn't plugged in...yet the computer is still running fine. I can run it in safe mode and it shows everything .....why does this happen? Did the tech guy forget a step so that it would work....help!
Related:

2 responses

johnnyind Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday April 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 5
Oct 2, 2008 at 04:58 AM
hello,

this problem comes form the driver of the graphics card are you sure that you have installed the correct driver for it?

when windows is starting constantly hit the f8 key and you will get the safe mode option just try to start form safe mode and then if windows starts correctly then the problem is coming from the driver and in this case i would advice you to make a system restore of your pc well before you installed the driver for your graphics card and after that be sure to downlaod the right driver for the graphics card
No its not the graphics card. I got same problem and i cant even boot through safe-mode. Even last good configuration.

I found out that its a hard disk problem!