Hard disk drive detects with a corrupted name

Closed
Smartmachine - Mar 7, 2010 at 08:51 AM
 Smartmachine - Mar 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Hello,
The hard disk drive (Maxtor, 40 GB) appears as with a corrupted name or id as "Maxtor<garbage character>C64K" in the 'Disk drives configuration' option in the CMOS menu, on the 'cable select' jumper settings of the disk drive, but no hard disk is actually detected and is also not shown in the 'Hard disk drives' option in the 'Boot' menu in the CMOS setup. The machine is Pentium 4 with intel P4 processor, with motherboard D-865.

Another interesting thing is that, most data recovery or troubleshooting software are also unable to detect the same hard disk drive, but some do, and they detect the hard disk drive with the same corrupted name or id as the CMOS setup does, as described above, nothing more than that!

It is also important to mention here that all hard disk drives are always detected in normal with their name and serial number or some code with them, as comes normally with the hard disk drives.

Please support and provide a solution to troubleshoot for this, as there is very important data on the mentioned hard disk drive to retrieve/recover, the sooooooooonest possible.

smartmachine_101@yahoo.com
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 7, 2010 at 05:03 PM
If you have tried all the common recovery programs then there is not much hope that you can recover the data. A commercial recovery service is the next step.

Good Luck
Hi! ...
Please guide me that, what is this sort of Hard disk drive problem and what sort of malfunction is this. Also, i'll be grateful if u could provide me the related details of a hard disk drive pertaining to this problem i.e. where the name, serial number, and actually the detection details of a hard disk drive, etc., etc ... are stored on a hard disk drive. Hope u got my point what i'm tryin' to know!?

Thanks,

smartmachine_101@yahoo.com