How to uninstall this System Antivirus2008?

Closed
zhuan - Oct 6, 2008 at 12:42 AM
 horusofoz - Nov 12, 2008 at 09:22 PM
Hello,

i found that this system antivirus 2008 is forcing me to buy their product. now this programme keep disturbing my pc system. how to delete it from my pc?

4 responses

Click on start menu-control panel-double click on add/remove programs and remove that anti-virus
if only it were that easy....it does not show up in add remove program.... pleae help
try deleting the folder in program files.. how to find what folder to delete? if this system antivirus has an icon on the desktop do this:

right click on the icon, click properties--->go to the shortcut--->click find target---> this should open the folder containing the exe file of system anitivirus. either delete the exe file or delete the folder. if this method fails.......i have some alternale solutions so let me know.
I think what you have is actually a virus masquerading as an antivirus app. I had something similar. I suggest downloading Malwarebytes antivirus. It cleaned it up for me. In future for free anti virus use Avast! and have Malwarebytes and Spybot installed as secondary scanners. Avast will give you real time protection and on demand scans and Spybot and malwarebytes give a additional on demand scans.

Oh and with Spybot, I suggest NOT installing the TeaTimer module. Its still in development so very buggy. If you need more help email me at horusofozatgmaildotcom