Vista admin password

Closed
Tanja - Mar 15, 2010 at 04:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Hello,
I have a Toshiba satellite laptop and had to recover it. The problem I am facing now is:a) I am not able to log on as admin since there is no password ( Toshiba support confirmed that) and b) logged in as a 'user' I dont have any admin privileges, hence I am not able to download anything...from windows office to any application I want to put on my PC. I also tried to change the 'user' account to 'admin' but it doesn't let me.
This is very frustrating since I am not able to fully use my PC.
Does anybody know the windows VISTA admin password ( yes I tried the 'password detective' and it came back empty) or how to get access to my OWN PC again by bypassing the 'You dont have admin privileges" pop up?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 15, 2010 at 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I did try this already and the admin was empty.
Just a FYI]: I do have my user password, but dont have any admin permissions on my laptop since I recovered it.
To download anything on my PC windows is asking for admin privileges, meaning I am not able to download until I figure out how to logon as the administrator.
Any ideas?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM
You might need to do another recovery. This is not supposed to happen - so I have no idea for a work around.