I able to get internet all the system connect

Closed
vspc - Mar 16, 2010 at 03:07 AM
karan1388 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 21, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2012 - Jul 21, 2012 at 02:20 AM
Hello,
i installed 6 systems windows xp, i get connted to hub, i can browse from all the systems, not able to see others systems in network place ?
Related:

3 responses

ekimahta Posts 3 Registration date Monday March 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 16, 2010
Mar 16, 2010 at 09:33 AM
Are all 6 systems configured to the same domain or workgroup?
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Mar 16, 2010 at 09:44 AM
hi

two ways u can do that

1)
having connected to ur domain
where all have to log into, its better ans u goin to use internet cos irt gives added security
get back to me if ur using or having one. centralizin gives u an uperhand over the next option

the next one is a peer to peer network

this is the eaiest one can connect upto 10 pc max

2)

I would not recommend performing the below on a network that is going to be on the internet if you want to set up a small gaming LAN these directions should be just the ticket.

(You will need to perform the following on each computer)

First we need to ensure that every PC is going to be on the same workgroup by default it should be named workgroup. Here is how to check and make corrections.

Right click on my computer and select properties

From the properties box click on computer name and make a note for what the Computer name and Workgroup is. If the two PC's are in different workgroups then you will need to change the settings here. Click on the change button and you can name your computers and assign a workgroup for ease of use in this tutorial we will name the first computer "computer1", and the workgroup "Workgroup". (Note: the workgroup name is case sensitive)

You at home can use what ever you like just substitute what ever you want for these values click OK and close the properties box. If you made any changes to your computer windows will want to reboot. Now that the work groups are named we can get these guys talking to each other.

Right click on My Network Places

Select properties

Right click on local area connection

select properties

Click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP

Click properties

and check the following picture if it looks like this DHCP is enabled and you should get a 169.254.x.x Ip address automatically from windows.

if it doesn't or you keep getting the same one

Click use the following IP address ( Here we will be configuring a static IP address)

Enter something like this

Ip address 192.168.100.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

( the second computer's IP address would be 192.168.100.2 and so on for each computer)

then click ok

At this point you will want to ping the other machine to test the settings

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
karan1388 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 21, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 at 02:20 AM
You share some folders that the network users enable For Eg: share the D: