Lenovo s10 new screen replacement problem

Closed
drfaizii Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2010 - Mar 18, 2010 at 04:33 PM
 Daiwai - Aug 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM
I just installed a new lcd screen for my lenovo s10 model and when I switch it on,I see a a complete red,followed by green,by blue and white and a multicolored screen(not in that order). I can connect to an external monitor and use the laptop but whats the point of replacing the old cracked screen.

anyone know what in the world is going on here?
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 18, 2010 at 05:44 PM
most likely you do not have the correct replacement LCD.
while replacing the screen,I ordered the exact same screen with the serial number,and the new screen has the same serial number. Ive tried re-installing the vga drivers in vain,I know that is not the issue... im just wondering what the hell does this mean "blue,red,green white followed by a row of different colors"
Were you ever able to fix this problem? I have it after replacing only the LCD ribbon (with one of the exact same serial).
I would like to know as I also have an S10 with craked screen....have you now got it working?