Compaq Presario Desktop SR2014HM NIC?

Closed
NeoAngelo Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2010 - Mar 19, 2010 at 05:52 PM
 Cybersalvage727 - Feb 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM
I just re-installed a fresh copy of windows onto my brother's computer. I'm trying to find the NIC driver and the Compaq/HP website doesn't offer it. It hardly offers any drivers at all. I've tried a few different drivers and none seem to work. I'm at my wits end. lol

It's a Compaq Presario Destop, SR2014HM running Windows XP MCE.

I have an Ethernet cable plugged into it and the few drivers I've tried, they install just fine but I'm unable to connect to the internet. I've tried ipconfig and I get basically a blank screen. Out of all the computers I've fixed, this one is stumping me.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

the driver that ou need for the SR2014HM compaq is an Nvidia Nforce networking controller and that can be found on Nvidia.com just go there and you will ned to download the full suite of motherboard drivers for this model. I have the same exact pc so I know it works from exerience hope I have been of some assistance to you
Cybersalvage727
Feb 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Great advice but I will add another tip, when you go to the Nvidia site you must use IE for a browser or the Motherboard drivers do not show up