Can't Access Sounds and Audio Devices

Closed
Saycell08 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2010 - Mar 23, 2010 at 02:37 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2010 at 04:51 PM
Hi,

I need a litle bit of help/advice.

I recently had a Trojan on my Compaq PC, which was then Quarantined by my ESET Smart Security, everything seemed fine until I went into the Control Panel and now I can't access most of the functions in there.

Would this be a result of the Trojan,ESET etc,etc and will it come back? I also can't access my Sounds and Audio Devices, which is the bigger problem in that it was set to mute so now i have no sound what so ever.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 23, 2010 at 04:51 PM
Hello Saycell,

Will the virus come back is your question, well I don't think so. But as no antivirus is perfect, sometimes residues of the virus are left behind, one would swear that it is just to make your life miserable.

Would you please download and install Hyjackthis. Once installed from the main menu, request a scan and save a log. Copy the log and paste it here.

The log will give a picture of the processes and registry entries susceptible of hiding remnants of that virus.

Please download the 2.0.3 Beta version...

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Best regards