Virus help

Closed
AaronS - Mar 23, 2010 at 01:54 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2010 at 04:58 PM
I am suffering with the vista security tool 2010 virus....could someone please tell me how to get rid of it

Thanks

Aaron
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 23, 2010 at 04:58 PM
Hello,

Vista Security is getting to be an epidemic. Some people have lost their internet connection and all of their desktop. I understand your despair.

The evil application is self protective and will prevent running antimalware tools including Hyjackthis which is a rather simple tool.

This very efficient solution was provided by xpcman one of our moderators and security expert, so it has to work

We must first end the security tool process:

1. Download Process Explorer and save it in C:\ folder.
Download link: http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

2. Rename procexp.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it.

3. Select Security Tool process from the list. Should be 4946550101.exe, vista security, psecurity or similar, you can't miss it. Press "Delete" button to end the process.

4. Close Process Explorer.

Do not reboot your computer for the process will be resurrected and come back to haunt your system.

5. Re download MalwareBytes anti-malware:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

6. Rename mbam-setup.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it. Install, update and run MalwareBytes anti-malware. Then perform a FULL computer scan and remove all found infections.

That should do it.

7. Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

8. Give me some feedback .

Regards