Laptop keyboard is not working when installin

Closed
Faris - Oct 14, 2008 at 03:31 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 29, 2010 at 07:44 AM
Hello,
friends please help me! I'm facing one problem. Due to virus i formatted my laptop using 2003 server cd. When i'm installing my geniuine XP home edition my keyboard is not working after installation. to give computer name and other details my keyboard is not working for completing the registration....

But i tried installing UBUNTU its linux OS. my keyboard and all devices are working.. Can anyone give me a solution please...
Related:

7 responses

samtozor Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday September 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2009 5
Oct 14, 2008 at 09:12 AM
hey there,

the problem isnt coming form your keyboard and neither form your windows installation cd but before that just try one thing try to format the pc using the windows cd you used for the os actually on your pc and see what it does. sometimes when windows is getting installed it may get corrupted there is a number of reasons behind this maybe due to bad sectors on your hard drive but before coming to any conclusion just try doing a complete reformat of your pc and again the installation of windows.
I'm facing exactly the same problem. I tried to reinstall windows xp beacuse (probably due to a virus) I couldn't use the keyboard and the computer was very slow. Although I restructured the partitions and formatted the hdd nothing works... except for linux..! Any ideas? Are there any chances that the virus is in the motherboard?
Masked Superman
Apr 28, 2009 at 01:06 PM
have you tried updating your bios?
Remove ur laptop battery pack and try installing OS with direct power plugged in.

cheers

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
acerproblems454
Oct 28, 2010 at 08:47 PM
no way to fix it. contact acer costumer support
I have a problem!! with my acer laptop!! The spacebar is broken: When i spiilled soda on it, i took the keyboard out and it broke :'( !! I don't have enough money to pay for it because my warrenty expired!!! Any ideas??
Blocked Profile
Oct 29, 2010 at 07:44 AM
Hi,

You already posted same issue on forum today and i already replied to you,refer to it and follow what was written.:

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-491734-acer-laptop-space-bar-broken

Thanks