Cannot see ext hdd for more than 5 seconds

Closed
spaceapex - Apr 3, 2010 at 05:29 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Apr 4, 2010 at 01:31 AM
I recently bought a new computer. All I want to do is transfer my files from my old hard drives to the new computer. Both are running windows 7. easy file transfer will not work. I bought an external enclosure. It powers up, starts to install a driver, shows up as a usb devise for about 5 seconds then the driver install screen says its unplugged??? it does not show up in Disk Management either. My new computer does not have IDE connection or I would just plug it in directly.

I would really love to be able to use the usb enclosure. any help would be great!!

Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 4, 2010 at 01:31 AM
Hi there,

Plug it at the ports available at the back of the pc and not front one,also check if the hard drive is well fitted in the enclosure ,also the enclosure card may be defective resulting with the issue having ,try to plug in another computer if same then change the enclosure for external h.disk.

Thanks