Missing task bar and icons on windows xp

Solved/Closed
lupo - Apr 9, 2010 at 02:56 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 23, 2010 at 06:47 AM
I have read some of your solutions but for my problems they don't seem to work.
How can I type explorer1 when it wont even give me the task bar? the only thing I see is a wall paper without icons. Even Ctrl+Alt+Del wont do as it also says your task manager has been disabled by your administrator?
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 23, 2010 at 06:47 AM
Please follow these steps:

reboot your computer in the Safe mode with command prompt.

Once Windows loaded, command prompt (black window) opens. Type notepad and press Enter.

A notepad window opens. Type the following text into notepad:

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"
Provider=Myantispyware.com

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=regsec

[regsec]
HKCU, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,DisableRegistryTools,0x00000020,0
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon,Shell,0x00000020,"Explorer.exe"

Save this as fix.inf to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad). Close Notepad.

In the command prompt type Explorer.exe and Press Enter. Windows Explorer opens. Locate the fix.inf, click right button and select Install. Close Windows Explorer.

In the command prompt type shutdown -r and press Enter. Your computer will be rebooted.
Blocked Profile
Apr 9, 2010 at 07:35 AM
Hi there,

First of all get task manager issue solved,you will get the instructions on link below from Faq:

https://ccm.net/faq/2137-task-manager-disabled-by-administrator

Then follow previous solution given to solve it,you will have to only follow instructions as mentioned.

Thanks