Computer keeps restarting

Closed
madtown27 - Oct 19, 2008 at 04:46 PM
 bickoo - Oct 19, 2008 at 05:32 PM
Hello,
I'm having the same problem a lot of others are having. I recently had a bad virus (the one that turns your cookies to "accept all" and causes popups). I ran avast! antivirus in safe mode and it found a pile of viruses. Then I turned off the computer and now it will not start up. It just keeps cycling to the "loading xp" screen and resetting. I do not have the xp disc and I'm praying I didn't kill my computer. I have read in some forums that it may have something to do with ram, but I don't really know what I'm talking about. Any help would be highly appreciated.

1 response

the very same thing i also had to go thru a couple of months ago, so i think i can feel how does it feel like watching your pc going on & off every now & then. its simply painful. here i m gonna tell u what i did to cope with it.
>i changed my ram as it wasnt compatible with the system/motherboard
>i bought myself a pirated xp sp2 cd (as i cant afford the genuine one)
>reformatted my c: drive,my system drive, reinstalled win xp sp2 & validated it at microsoft.com (if u wanna know how log on to youtube.com, there u can find a lot of experts on how to validate ur pirated version xp into the genuine one)
>i hope this should be helpful to you. good luck!