My Windows XP keeps restarting

Solved/Closed
Clueless123 - Oct 30, 2008 at 03:19 AM
 TrueReb - Jan 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Hello,

Recently, my Window XP Notebook keeps restarting. When I turn it on, before I can type my password to log into my account, the screen turns blue for a second and says : A fatal error has occured. Windows has been shut down to protect your files. Then, it restarts and repeats the entire process.

I tried going into Safe mode when Windows starts up but it still restarts and I can't log in. I have also tried Last Known Good Configuration, Safe mode with Networking, Safe mode with Command Prompt, Start Windows Normally and Reboot but it still does not work.

Please advice me on what to do next. (Should I try "Disable auto-restart when system fails" ?)

Thank you.
Related:

16 responses

ShoNeH Posts 30 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2008 14
Oct 30, 2008 at 03:56 AM
first try testing your RAM (goldmemory or memtest)

if the memory pass the tests try reparing your xp, if repair doesn't pass from any reason, pull your HD take it to your friend, back up the data, and reinstall OS
Hai My Windows XP keeps restarting I can't formatt the system because some usefull software were install . pls send me some dos command to repair my system rebooting problem.
thanku
try fixboot or if you know how to rewrite the bootloader use bootcfg