Vista problem screen has lines/freezes

Closed
Steven - Apr 10, 2010 at 07:46 PM
 14 and he is alread a know it all - Apr 11, 2010 at 10:40 AM
I have a Vaio FW with Windows Vista Ultimate. 2.26 ghz Intel Core Duo 2 with 250gb hard drive and 3gb of ram. Recently, I got a virus that I was able to remove and clean up. I then did a system restore. Now, when I boot up my computer, right after I login, I will see my desktop for a few seconds before everything freezes and lines go all over my screen (mostly horizontal thin white lines). I can't do anything after that except a hard reset. The computer works fine in safe mode. Any ideas on how to fix it? Is it hardware or software related?

Related:

1 response

14 and he is alread a know it all
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Hello, I have had the same problem as you and hopefully mine wont bother me again. What i done was i went into safe mode then start-programs-accessories-CMD (right click and go run as administrator) when that opens up type in( sfc /scannow ) dont put in brackets though.This will go through all the files sored on the computer and check which may be corrupted and which are fine, those that are corrupted it will try to replace. not every single corrupted file will be fixed but it will do what it can. it should take upto half an hour. once that is done restart your computer/laptop and start it normally. Check your security settings just to be sure and if you dont feel safe use a trusted anti-virus software to run a scan. I hope this works for you too its holding up for me. Im not sure but i think its hardware related i heard its from hard reseting to much or something else i seem to have forgotten