Sony laptop black screen

Closed
Eric - Apr 11, 2010 at 01:01 PM
 mark - Apr 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Hi,
I hope you can help me. I've got a Sony vaio PCG-7D2L, and my screen is black. Wha en I put the power on, nothing happen, just the grenn lights turn's on but the screen stay black. I've try the tip about remove ac adapter and battery & hold the power several seconds and put back the power on it.....problem stay. I think it's the LCD screen who finish, but not sure. I try to connect another screen whit the conector on right side and switch whit F7. Nothing. How to make sure is the screen, the video card or something else. I'm stock and need help from somebody.

Thank you

Eric
Related:

3 responses

I also have the same problem. Try pushing on the center of the keyboard after you turn on the machine and get the green lights. I couldn't get the screen to work, but the external monitor would turn on and the laptop would boot. I haven't been able to find a solution, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with a motherboard issue, or something to do with the wireless card, since that's where I have to put pressure in order to get it to POST.
If you find a solution, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. I found this post using google.com. You can contact my by using support@computerxdfw.com . Thanks!
i had the same problem on my sony vaio vgn fj3s and it turned out to be the inverter had gone so not enough light to light up the screen.