Toshiba Satellite L300 won't start up

Closed
carlled Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2010 - Apr 18, 2010 at 10:46 AM
carlled Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2010 - Apr 20, 2010 at 09:12 AM
Hi ,
I've Toshiba Satellite L300 model PSLBCL. Suddently it can't boot up.The OS is Windows XP.What I do so far.
1) Fresh install of windows XP SP1 > The laptop able to boot up again.

2) After shutdown with charger connected,and power up with charger connected,it wont boot up.The LED of charger and Battery light on, and power LED keep blinking around each 5 seconds,after a minutes, the Power LED solid light ,fan keep blowing but black screen.Pull out the charger, power LED still solid light and fan still keep blowing,black screen.Push power button to switch down.

3) Replace another Battery and Charger of same model from my friend,problem remain unchange.

4) Remove Battery and start up only using charger, problem remain unchange.

5) Fresh install of Windows XP SP2/SP3 same problem appear.

6) If this laptop run only in battery, No boot up and shutdown or Restart problem.it working as normal.

Kindly please help me.
Your attention is highly appreciated.Thank you.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 19, 2010 at 05:53 AM
Dear Sir,

The problem should be from some corrupt or missing files and hence I will advise you to restore the laptop to factory settings through the below method. Otherwise consider reinstalling Windows.

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Thanks in advance.
carlled Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2010
Apr 20, 2010 at 09:12 AM
Dear ash_perez01,

Thanks for your advice. while i do the step, after hold zero(0) it produce beep sound

& after release the zero key, it boot to Windows XP directly. No any option prompt.

I've try it a few times ( only using battey due to it wont boot if charger connected )

may be it can't go to recovery option cause I 've fresh install/format it and the files

has gone.but i 've do a few installation using a different OS CD before but problem

remain unchange.

Any suggestion.Kindly advice me.I try to overcome it since 2 months ago.

Thank you.